Looking for the easiest way to record screen on a Samsung Galaxy S10 to run along your tutorials or your app development? Neither Android or Samsung has any direct inbuilt functionality to record screen from Samsung Galaxy S10. But there are a lot of easy ways to achieve that.
Samsung though adds many important features to the existing Android has not got a straightaway screen record option for their smartphones yet. Samsung Galaxy S10 is their 10th -anniversary flagship which must come out with great fuss in Q1 2019. We hope they introduce native screen recording feature with it at least. Here is what we know from the existing options.
Ways to record screen on Samsung Galaxy S10
There are loads of ways to record screen without needing root access or unlocking bootloader. We shall see some of the easiest methods.
Game mode on Samsung
There is a native record feature offered by Samsung’s custom skin but restricted only to games and some applications. This was designed to record gameplay and hence a few other third-party apps get the feature. The major downside is you can’t record the home screen, settings or even switch apps with the recording on. But anyways, here is how you can do it
Pull down the quick settings menu from the top end of the screen.
- Long Press on the Performance mode and you will get a pop-up to choose from the bunch of pre-set performance modes. Select Game mode and press apply. You will be set to the Game mode in seconds.
- Now head on to the app or game you wish to record. This does not work mostly with Samsung’s native application and Google applications.
- When in the application click on the additional button that appears on the left end of the navigation bar apart from the three usual navigation keys.
- In the overlay, menu chooses the record and the recording starts. The screen is recorded with the app sounds and the sound from the microphone.
- To stop your recording session, press the record icon that appears on the right end of the navigation bar.
- The video will be saved to the internal memory with the application name as the folder name. You can access it from the gallery and can be shared from there.
Google Play Games
With Android to there is a similar option. Download and open the Google Play Games app. With that, you get to record the game when launching it. But you can minimize the game and the screen recording does not stop so you will be able to navigate to home screen and settings and do whatever on your screen that you want to be recorded. The additional clips of getting in and out of the game can be edited and cut later if required.
Other ways worth noting
If this was too much a hassle for you alternates like AZ screen recorder can be easy but the resolution is restricted to 720P. You can also enable USB debugging and use apps like VYSOR to cast your screen to a computer and record the screen on your computer.
Related Samsung Galaxy S8 Articles
Incoming search terms:
- can galaxy 10 screen record
- how to samsung s10 screen on
- can you screen record on galaxy 10
- screen record on s10 video
- s10 screen record
- how to screen record on samsung galaxy s10
- how to recod screens shot on s10
- HOW SCREEN RECORD ON A SAMSUNG GALAXY 10
- can you screen record in samsung galaxy s10
- can you record your screen with samsung galaxy s10