With the launch of Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge, Samsung did something which was only seen in movies or in far distant future.
Samsung commercialized the concept of Wireless Charging and made it popular across the globe. Though, Samsung was not the first company to introduce the concept of Wireless charging but it did play a major role in making it popular.
The trend which was started with Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge continued with S7 and is now back again with the latest Samsung Galaxy S8. Both Samsung Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8+ supports wireless charging.
Before going into detail on how to wirelessly charge Samsung Galaxy S8, let’s understand a bit about wireless charging.
How does Wireless Charging Work ?
There is no rocket science behind wireless changing. You just need two things, a device with wireless charging feature and a compatible wireless charger.
Talking about the mechanism behind the process, wireless chargers basically emit an alternating magnetic field via the transmitter coil which in return induces an alternating current in the receiver coil inside the phone. It is as simple as it can be. This technology is known as QI Inductive Charging Technology.
How to wirelessly charge your latest Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+?
Here is a small guide on how you can wirelessly charge your Galaxy S8.
- Plug the wireless charging pad’s wall charger into a wall outlet.
- Now, plug the other end of the wireless charger into the back of the charging pad base. There are different indicator lights on the charging pad which will lit up when you plug it on.
- Now, place your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ on the charging pad. Make sure the screen is facing up. You don’t need to remove the device’s case or cover.
- Once you place the phone on pad, the charging pad will emit a steady blue light showing that device is charging. The pad will emit a steady cyan light if the power less than 5V/2A. You may need to position the phone correctly on the pad. Check for a flashing blue light on pad, if it is there, try repositioning the device at the centre of the charging pad.
- Once the device is fully charged, the charging pad will start emitting a steady green light.
Best Wireless Charging Pads for Samsung Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8 Plus
Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charging Pad – $44.99
This is one of the fastest wireless charging pad resent in the market and charges up to 1.4 times faster than an average wireless charging pad. This reduces the charging time by up to 40-50 minutes.
Since, this is Samsung’s own wireless charger it works perfectly fine with Samsung Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8+. It is available in black and white color.
Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charging Stand – $48.67
This is exactly the one which we have mentioned above with a slight change in the design. This pad allows you to position your phone on an incline rather than lie flat. This stand is suitable for users who wish to keep an eye on the notification even when the device is charging.
Anker Wireless Charger PowerPort Qi Wireless Charging Pad – $13.99
This is the most affordable & compact wireless charging pad available in the market. It is a size of a coffee cup coaster. You might face bit difficulty in setting it up but there is a LED light which indicates that the device is charging. There is also an idle mode which makes sure that energy is not wasted.
You can choose the wireless charging pad as per your choice.
Please let us know in comment section if you are using wireless charging on any other phone & whether its useful or not ?
Related Samsung Galaxy S8 Articles
Incoming search terms:
- can S8 wireless charge
- how to charge wireless samsung s8edge
- Samsung galaxy s8 edge wireless charging concept