Protecting your investment helps give you the peace of mind that may help make your decision on picking up the newest smartphone from Samsung. If you’re planning to purchase the Galaxy S8 you may want to learn a little bit about the Samsung Galaxy S8 warranty info. At the end of the day, smartphones are not indestructible and a break could leave you without a smartphone if you don’t take advantage of different warranties.
In this article we talk about the different warranty options for the Samsung Galaxy S8 that will help give you the added comfort of picking up Sammy’s newest flagship in early 2017.
Standard Samsung Galaxy S8 Warranty
Firstly we shall talk about the standard Samsung Galaxy S8 warranty info. By default, every Samsung Galaxy device will come with a warranty which will be valid for 24 months after the purchase date of the phone. This warranty will apply to the Galaxy S8.
With the standard warranty of the G S8 you will be given a repair to your current device, so long as you abide by certain rules. Below the rules for the standard warranty have been listed.
- Must be within the initial 24 month period after purchase
- Must be running the latest software update
- Personal data should be backed up to prevent loss whilst in repair
- Repairs depend on case-by-case basis
In most cases, if the damage was at your own fault, you may not get a repair. It’s best to get in touch with Samsung’s customer support before sending off your smartphone.
Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite
The Samsung Galaxy S8 warranty info provided out of the box suggests that the standard 24 month cover does not cover all damage. For example, if you break your smartphone display and it’s completely at your own fault, Samsung may ask to charge you for repairs, instead of covering it completely.
Fortunately Samsung offers a service called Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite. In North America this service costs $129 for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and it gives you the following benefits.
- Coverage for accidental damage coverage including drops, screen damage and water
- Coverage for electrical and mechanical failures
- Advanced exchange for replacement within 2 business days
- 24/7 support
- Up to three claims allowed during coverage period
- Certified repair service
- All accidental damage claims include deductible
Related Samsung Galaxy S8 Articles
Incoming search terms:
- samsung galaxy s8 warranty info
- how long is manufacturers warranty for samsung note 9
- how long is samsung manufacturer warranty
- galaxy s8 warranty check
- what is samsungs warranty on galaxy s8\s
- samsung s10 warranty exchange
- samsung galaxy 8 warranty
- s8 status warranty
- how long is the warranty on galaxy s8 active
- how long is the samsung galaxy s9 manufactures warranty last